tank setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

drinkredstripe

AC Members
Sep 25, 2005
Hey I'm converting my fresh water 37 gallon tank into a saltwater. I'm going to purchase a 130 watt coralife light, 4 125g/hr pumps, a mechanical filter, a protien skimmer, a 3g refugium, $50 worth of live sand, and $70 dollars worth of live rock. I know that isn't alot of rock for the tank size but I plan to go out and get some more my self.

so.....what do you guys think of this set up good bad. If you have any comments on how i shopuld do it differently please post
thank you in adance

If u get enough live rock all u would need is a protein skimmer, and powerheads letting ur live rock work as ur "natural" filter. When u said "go out and get some urself" refering to live rock what are u meaning. I hope u dont plan on going out and taking some rock from nature cause that is highly illegal. If u do so just be very catious.

USCavalry19d

AC Members
Oct 27, 2005
Lexington, ky
Yeah you should go on and buy the rock since removing any from the ocean without a license is highly illegal. We are talking jail time and a hefty fine illegal. Your best bet is to start off slow with the tank buy a chunk of rock each month or something.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store