Bugs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
I'm am losing my mind...The bugs are everywhere...Anyone else having this problem???? Right now it is the ladybug looking bugs, just a lighter red color. Before it was the black bugs with the red zig zag on them (box elders??). It alternates lately. My cats won't eat them like they do spiders and flys :sad: !!! One just landed on my head. They are all over outside, I can't get in the car without letting a few in :mad:

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
Just ladybugs here. I like those though:)

Holly - You may need a nap!

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Lol....we had a plague of lady bugs a few years back....they were EVERYWHERE just like you discribed. They got in the house and were all over the windows and when winter came around they all bunched up behind "stuff" and we didn't see them all season. But....then, in the spring when it warmed up....they all came out of hiding and were congregating on all the windows looking for a way out. I obliged some of them by opening the windows....others that I lost patience with, went in the vacumn cleaner !

flyfly

follow me on twitter @flyfly_mackay
Jan 21, 2005
Portland, OR
www.myspace.com
no bugs out here. I guess clear-cutting forests really does lower species diversity

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
Those ladybug-like things aren't real ladybugs. they are some kind of Japanees beetle imported to eat some kind of pest that's gotten out of hand. We have them here to, and they can be pretty impresssive when they swarm, which they do this time of year. My dogs will eat them, the ding dongs. they smell bad when you crush them .
They get in our basement and live there for a while. :eek:

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
From what I understand these "impostor" lady bugs bite, which I'm guessing is why my cats won't eat them!! I just hate bugs, and the fact that they land on me just by stepping outside really grosses me out :mad2: !! I don't even mind spiders in the house, they don't randomly land on my head, so if they mind their business I'll let them live happily until the cats find them :laugh:

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
My youngest son has a phobia where lady bugs are concerned....I think it had something to do with the swarm we had all over our house....lol....he had a nightmare that bugs were all over his bed and he hasn't been able to be in the same room with the critters since...poor kid !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store