4-Line pim cats with Pictus Cats

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Jan 24, 2002
Louisville, KY
I posted this in the catfish section a couple of days ago but apparently that forum doesnt get that much traffic so I'm posting it here in hopes of a response. So here it goes....

I have a 125 gallon tank that is 6 foot long and 18 inches in width. I already have 2 4-line pim cats. I was wondering how may, if any, pictus cats I could fit in there.

Thanks,
Chuck

Ozalie

AC Members
Aug 31, 2002
Minnesota
I have a 125g also(same dimensions as yours)currently I have 4 pitus cats in the tank.I'm not sure what 4-line pims are but if they stay relativly small (3/5")I would think you could have 2-3 pitus in the tank.

Jan 24, 2002
Louisville, KY
Thanks Ozalie
The 4-Line pim is the Pimelodus blochii. depending on where you get your info on them, they get anwhere from 10"-12" The two that i have are around 4" Any adjustments to your recomendations?
Later,
-Chuck

Ozalie

AC Members
Aug 31, 2002
Minnesota
Wow! I had the 4 pitus cats(6")plus 2 plecos (9")in the 125.There was still plenty of bottom tank space but I have moved 1 pleco to another tank,only because I had algea growth in another aquarium.
If the 4-line pims are territoral I would get adult pitus(6")since they are also very territoral.The one thing is you really should get at least 2(4 is better but that may be pushing your limit!) They thrive in the company of thier own kind and 3 would leave a odd man out. I had 3 to start with and the 2 "bosses"would chase him all the time but once I got another they all got along.
So I would get 2 pitus cats. Right now would be a good time since the pims are still small. I hope this helps a little.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store