Complete Marine set up for sale near Pittsburgh

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doyle138

Registered Member
Complete 75 Gal. Marine set up for sale near Pittsburgh

I have to part with my 75 gallon, pre-drilled tank. I just put it in the free City Paper Classifieds. I can be reached via this forum or
jason.smith@rs.af.mil
Check out the pictures at:

http://pittsburgh.backpage.com/buyselltrade/classifieds/ViewAd?oid=oid:84630&name=pets for sale

This is a beautiful show piece for any home. It’s a complete glass 75-gallon, pre-drilled saltwater tank with a real wood base and canopy. It comes with everything including the fish and a 10-gallon feeder tank that I use to house ghost shrimp as a dietary supplement.
The tank is a little over one-year old, which means it’s been cycled and in mint condition. Since it’s pre-drilled with a pre-filter, there are no hoses or catches hanging off the back.
I live in Washington, PA, which is about 25 minutes from down town Pittsburgh. The buyer will be responsible for moving the tank.
If the buyer lives within 30 minutes, I will help set up the tank at the buyer’s home. I will also explain all equipment and maintenance to the buyer if interested in hearing it.
I don’t know what the whole set up costs brand new. I am guessing I’ve put more than $4,500 into this tank. I haven’t kept track because I was planning on keeping it forever. Maintenance is going to cost at least $45 per month to keep everything perfect. Some months, like when you need a new filter for the water filtration system and new salt, it will cost more. If you don’t have the money to maintain it, please think about buying a smaller fresh water tank. The tank, stand, canopy, filter, protein skimmer and UV sterilizer would cost more than $1,500 in a pet store.
Please contact me to view the tank. I had this tank on E-Bay a couple weeks ago for $1,200 (before I added new equipment and fish). Someone purchased it and then didn't show up to pick it up. I put about $500 into the tank last week (UV sterilizer, pump, vitamin supplements, Rowa-Phos, new light bulb, salt etc) which is why I'm asking more.
If you are on the market for a saltwater tank, you won't find a better deal. If you just preview classifieds (for nothing in particular) to try to talk people into lowering prices, this is not the item for you. Saltwater tanks are very rewarding, but they require research and work.
The tank contains the following:
-75 gallon pre-drilled glass tank
-125 gallon wet/dry filter with pre-filter
-125 gallon sump pump
-Coral Life Turbo Twist UV Sterilizer (1-week old)
-Pondmaster pump to run UV Sterilizer (1-week old)
-Marineland 100 gallon in-sump protein skimmer
-In sump 125 gallon heater with hang-on controls
-Rio Powerhead
-Glass lids
-Real wood base
-Real wood canopy
-Standard 40 watt light bar with light
-Tap water filter system for making safe water
-Various complete test kits
-About 50 pounds of live rock
-Complete layer of live sand
-Realistic decorative shells and rocks
-10 gallon tank complete with filter, pump, heater and lid (for holding ghost shrimp)
The fish include:
-One fuzzy dwarf lionfish (he has a great personality)
-One large yellow tang
-One large file fish (he’s camouflage looking)
-One large cardinal fish
-One tomato clown fish
-Three regular clown fish
-One diamond sifter goby
-One cleaner wrasse
-One serpentine star fish
-Three crabs
-Two large and healthy rock anemones
Extras include:
-Too many cleaning supplies to list
-Extra salt (enough to make about 35 gallons of water)
-pH stabilizer (brand new bottle)
-Various chemicals
-Extra filter medium for wet/dry filter
-Extra charcoal for using in sump
-Extra in-sump heater (I use this to heat the water I make before changing old water)
-Extra pump with air stones (I use this to aerate the new water before changing old water)
-About $100 worth of extra food (frozen, flakes, algae, vitamins supplement, etc.)

Last edited:

Doyle138

Registered Member
FYI on 75 Gallon Complete System for Sale

FYI...
I can take PayPal, and I'll work on the price a little bit. If someone wants just the fish, plants and rocks, I might end up having to sell them seperate as my move approaches.
I never sold a tank before, so any feedback on the pricing would be appreciated (ie am I asking too much, too little...). The guy at the FS told me I should sell it for half what I have into it. It's well below that, so I figured it was a really good deal. Input???
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store