Clown Loach died

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bottomdweller

AC Members
Feb 15, 2003
Chesapeake.Va
Visit site
I dont know what happened and about 2 hours after the loach one of my barbs died. There is no sign of a desiese(sp?)Now my other barbs arnt lookin to good. I am new at this so it must be something I done we all lose our share of fish.:(

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
What are your water parameters? How long have you had the tank. What size is it, and what kind of filtration do you have. I ask these questions so that hopefully, we can tell you what the problem is.

bottomdweller

AC Members
Feb 15, 2003
Chesapeake.Va
Visit site
The loach was in a 10 with three tiger barbs they got along fine.I made the mistake of buying only one and the ammonia is going through a slight spike.The filter is a pengiun mini but after the loach died I also put on a extra aquaclear mini I had.

Clownloach458

Three years, so litte posts
Nov 23, 2001
Beckley Wva
soory dude

dude, ahte to hear that, id almost shoot my self if my clowns would die :(

kuhli

AC Members
Dead Clown

sorry to hear that. Must be more than a slight spike thou. Get some seachem prime and detox your tank. Btw 10 gal is way too small for a clown loach. They will get to be 10 inches + eventually.

Originally posted by bottomdweller
The loach was in a 10 with three tiger barbs they got along fine.I made the mistake of buying only one and the ammonia is going through a slight spike.The filter is a pengiun mini but after the loach died I also put on a extra aquaclear mini I had.

Clownloach458

Three years, so litte posts
Nov 23, 2001
Beckley Wva
yeah, in the wild they get over ten inches, in home aquariums its rare they get over 7 inches though.. but still a 10gallon fishtank is way to small for a clown loach, and if you only had one, no wonder it died...but my sympathy is still great

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store