Male and Female Bettas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

knashash

AC Members
Oct 28, 2004
My girlfriend recently rescued a couple female bettas from a not so good situation. She gave them to me to put in one of my tanks until she could get something for them.

I couldnt put them in my bigger tank cause Im positive my Dwarf Puffers would kill them. In my smaller tank, I have a male Betta....so I figured I would try putting them in with him. So far, it doesnt seem like he is even paying much attention to either of them which I found very strange. Never played with this situation before, but have heard bad things. Its been a couple days and they seem to be doing great in there....is it possible that I can just keep them in there with him?

phanmc

AC Members
Jun 24, 2004
Visit site
Sounds like you can keep them in there UNTIL he feels ready to mate. Once they mate and the females lays the eggs, be ready to move them out of there. He will chase the females away and if there isn't enough space for them to flee and hide, he will harass them.

Then again, bettas can act fine around some fishes for a long time and then suddenly go psycho on them so beware.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store