Do I have tail rot?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stingray4540

Hello, Hello, Helloooo!
Oct 18, 2005
San Jose, CA
www.geocities.com
Recently I lost my only tetra to ick and possibly tail rot? His tail and fins were almost disinigrated. I just recently noticed that my dominate gourami's tail seems to be slightly fraid. It almost looks like just the product of some tail nipping, very slight, but nobody nips him He's the top fish, but his tail looks a little worse than the other gourami, who's tail he always nips. So I'm just wondering if I have some kind of bacterial infection or fungus. If I do what would any of you suggest? and if I don't, would it be bad to treat for something I don't have, just in case? :huh:

ddayton21

I'm bored
Oct 25, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
One of my red eye tetras lost his tail fin completely when my tank had ich. After it cleared up his tail grew back just fine...i cant be sure what caused it but my gourami showed signs of a freyed tail also...which also healed. My personal guess is its being caused either by ich or stress from ich

hope that helps some

dave

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store