Booze and Cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cylon

AC Members
Sep 12, 2005
Benton, IL
I was thinking about all my friends and the ones who have Cichlids. Well it seems everyone that I think of that has South or Centeral American cichlids all seem to be boozers or in trouble with the law.

I don't drink anymore and I have become a born again christian. I am wondering how you all feel about drinking?
Maybe it's just my old crowd. I don't mean to affend anyone here. I was just wondering.

Angle Fish don't count in. Nomal people seem to have them. Now this Questions is all from just my past experiences.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
I'm not sure what the question is other than the opinions of drinking alcohol here. I'm a moderate drinker... one every few weeks or so and I guess my partying days are far behind me (back in the early 20's).

This question should be in the General Chit Chat section.

Galaxie

AC Members
Feb 4, 2005
VA
My Oscar is more fun to watch after a few beers.

....well... pretty much everything is I guess. :laugh:

Cylon

AC Members
Sep 12, 2005
Benton, IL
re

Not gereral chit chat because it's about cichlids.

Anyway, Yes I should refrase the Question.
x drinners or big time partyers. I'm not talking mild drinking here. I'm talking lighting your face on fire oand eating a tequella worm. I guess a woman might show this in passing out in many of guys cars or punching a lot of men in the face. lol

I don't know how to ask the question without affending people. Maybe I should just drop it.

Galaxie

AC Members
Feb 4, 2005
VA
I don't think anyone will be offended. I also don't think people are going to volunteer calling themselves alcohol abusers either.

mooman

Scratch my belly Human!
Mar 8, 2005
Columbus, OH
I've noticed a correlation between people keeping large incompatible aggresive cichlids in small tanks being ignorant rednecks. I suppose that correlation could be extended to alchol abuse. ;)

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
~*LuvMyKribs*~ said:
Haha, IMO, this is definately a GCC topic.

:joe:
I second that, it is about cichlids but not directly so. I think that boozing fishkeepers like aggressive fish, but agressive fishkeepers are not neccisarily boozers. Does that make sence? Kinda like "gangstas" usually have pits or rots if they are going to own a dog, but not all pits/rot owners are "gangstas".

For the record, I have fancy guppeis in a 10, and tetras and corries in a 55. I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drinker, alcoholocs go to meetings.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store