possibly sick pleco?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snobordboi

Registered Member
Feb 16, 2003
glenwood springs, colorado
Visit site
hi everyone, i have a question about my pleco, i got him from someone who wanted to get rid of their fish about 4 months ago, and hes a common pleco about 12 ins long, in my 55 chiclid tank. my wondering is that he seems to excrete wayyy too much, like 2-3 ft strands a few times a day that just cover the plants and rocks in my tank, and i cut down how much i feed him, and he eats everything i feed him within a few hours. he seems to be doing well otherwise, although i thought he got ick when i moved him in so treated with ick medicine as directed then did all water changes and added charcoal to filters. i keep my water in good shape doing 20 gallon water changes weekly, and all chem levels are where they should be. he also looks skinny to me, but it may just be the way he holds his body? sort of arched back?

Faramir

The twit from over the pond.
Nov 20, 1998
Chesterfield UK
All pretty normal. Plecs are crap machines. It's all the algae they eat - an all-greens diet does that to you. Same as with cows.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store