Where Not to get Eye Surgery!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Borrowed from local6.com ......

"Ants Reportedly Eat Woman's Eye

November 15, 2005

NEW DELHI -- A woman died in a Calcutta hospital after ants ate one of her eyes as she was recovering from a cornea operation, media reports said Tuesday.

Gauri Chakraborty, 55, had complained of terrible pain after the operation at a state-run hospital, but a nurse told her it was normal and left her unattended, her son Soumen told the Press Trust of India news agency.

He said that when her bandage was removed the next day they found big black ants nibbling at her eye, PTI reported.

"She died a ghastly death. We don't even know the reason of her death," Amitabha Kar, Chakraborty's son-in-law told PTI.

Local Health Minister Surjya Kanta Mishra demanded a report of the incident from the hospital authorities. In response, hospital superintendent Sukumar Das said a five-member inquiry committee has been set up, PTI reported.
"

:eek:

_____
_____

flyingfish

time to play!
Dec 26, 2004
I'm going to pretend that's an urban legend so I won't have nightmares. And I WON'T be getting anything done in Calcutta, if I ever go there. :p:

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
We saw that on MSN at work yesterday...didn't see the part about the woman dying...eww.

The article went on to day that bugs..rats..even dogs were common in the hospital there.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
nursie said:
... ...
The article went on to day that bugs..rats..even dogs were common in the hospital there.
I didn't know India was that "bad"..... :thud:

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
My nieghbor's husband is Indian and they go there frequently to visit reletives....she said it's a filthy place and there are street kids all over the place begging and stealing...they have no families...they're just left to fend for themselves....not a nice place at all !!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store