Any Black Friday deals on fish stuff?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

valleyvampiress

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
Are any pet stores having any sales on fish stuff on Black Friday? I was hoping places like Petco, Petsmart, DF&S etc. would have some kind of special sale going on. Heard anything?

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
Doesn't every store have an after Thanksgiving sale? Even if they don;t put a circular in the paper, it'd probably be worth checking out if you have some specific things in mind.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
here's another site, with scans of the ads.

Link..!

I doubt there's much difference in content between the sites.. I personally think I'll be staying in bed.

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
LOL, Dougal! I have to be at work by 8:30 on Fri...I'll probably be in line at Joann fabrics about 5:30 to get XMas present material...

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
If any superlative is used to describe a shopping day befor it happens, I refuse to make it any bigger.

I don't mind looking for sales on specific items, but not if it means I have to rush in like cattle in a crush to get to it.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
just remember that a lot of retailers will let you buy the item before hand, then bring it back for the price difference.

even if they don't, you could always return it, get a refund, and buy it at the sale price.. hopefully the manager on duty will realize that it would be a waste of his people's time to go to that trouble.

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
I have never once in my life shopped on Black Friday. I would MUCH rather be at home laying on the couch in my pajamas all freakin' day making multiple trips to the kitchen for gigantic turkey sandwiches and an equally gigantic slices of pumpkin pie with half a tub of Cool Whip on it. None of that crappy fat free Cool Whip either! ICKY! :thm:

I would never crowd into a ridiculously packed mall or Toys R Us on this one "magical" day, weasle my way around the sea of humanity and stand in line for an hour to save $5 on ANYTHING... when I can wait a few days and get the same price.... or wait 3 weeks and probably pay even LESS!

Could be the definition of insanity right there....

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
I will never understand shopping on that day, It would have to be one heck of a deal to get me out in the madness. My mother in law and grandmother in law(?) always ask if I want to go out with them...at 7 IN THE MORNING :eek: !! I politely decline, but maybe I should go this year, maybe the stress will start labor :joke: ?!?!?!

Nov 15, 2004
you can get computer packages normally priced for $700 for 150-200 bucks, or $15 for a magnavox dvd player, Software and games for $5, LCD 17" MAG monitor for 150 bucks or possibly cheaper (which I'm getting one :D ), 27" Phillips Flat Screen TV for $225...the list goes on. Yes, I am a computer nerd, so things like 450 W power supplies for $20 and 17" LCD monitors for $100-200 really rub me the right way. I have been getting something from there every year now. And each time, I spend possibly a thousand or a bit less, and resell and make way more than my money back. "Return - Rebuy". I usually just keep one pc package for myself and than get two more and sell those. If anyones never been, you can get some serious, serious christmas shopping done for very, very cheap. Its foolish not to go, IMO.

BTW, every thing I listed I actually saw for this years sale...
You can even browse by store :D
http://bfads.net/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store