Slow growing?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ryknier

just tryin to make it fun
Nov 10, 2004
La Crosse, Wisconsin
hey all, just curious to how slow everyones fish really grow, I have had my setup now for about a year, with the fish:
2 clown loaches
2 silver dollars
2 giant danios
1 green severum
1 BGK

all fish have gotten big over the year, BUT my loaches seem to be the same 3.5" since the day I bought them and the BGK well I don't know about him, but he might have gotten an inch if that

Now I have read that clown loaches were slow growing, how slow we talking about? Anyone out there wondering too?

rohnds

AC Members
Jun 19, 2004
Austin, TX (Born NYC)
www.geocities.com
The life span of clown loaches are ~50years and they grow to 11 to 11.5 inches. So it is natural for then to grow extremely slowly.

Rohn

willy:-)

AC Members
Oct 12, 2005
lebanon Mo
How big is your tank, that could have an effect, and yeah clowns are really slow, but the BGK should have grown more than that.

ryknier

just tryin to make it fun
Nov 10, 2004
La Crosse, Wisconsin
I have a 72g, they have the most wierdest interactions some times, I can sit and watch them forever, the clown loaches some time swim right along the silver dollars and act like a sea lamprey minus the pasitic affect. and they love to dig! But ya I was just curious about their slow growth

Halo

Puppies with Fins!
Sep 18, 2005
I got a growth spurt out of mine when I first bought them. Say, half an inch the first year. Expect a quarter inch per year to be a little closer to the norm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store