Guppies....need help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

punkpook

AC Members
Nov 10, 2005
Tennessee
www.geocities.com
I have a 10 gallon tank, that began with 2 females and 2 males. Then ofcourse they had babies. We had no problem with the tank for years, no over crowding nothing. We raised the baby guppies for other people. About 2 weeks ago we bought two new guppies. a male and female. Also some ghost shrimp (5) and two swordtails ( a male and female) and put them in the guppy tank. After that our old guppies started dying. Then the shrimp, then the male swordtail and just yesterday the female. The new guppies are alive and well. With each day another guppie dies. The two original females and some of the adolecent guppies are gone now. The Ph is right. No ammonia. I have no clue about the nitrates. I dont know how to check that. They are not overfed. Some of the originals are still alive and well. Do you think it is over crowded? We've had over 20 adult guppies survive in a 10 gallon for years. Maybe the shrimp and swordtails need more space? I have one surviving Ghost shrimp and I put him in my goldfish tank. I hope it's not something bad or my goldfish may die. I posted earlier about my goldfish dying, but the other four are doing fine. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

willy:-)

AC Members
Oct 12, 2005
lebanon Mo
Twenty guppies in a ten gallon? That is crazy overcrowded. The new fish could have brought a disease with them, but I am thinking your fish are just way stressed out. How many fish are currently in there?

tyewag

AC Members
Nov 21, 2005
I have had that same problem. I bought a few new guppies for my 55 gallon, and a year or two later for the 29 gallon, and both times my old fish died. The new fish a the old fry and some of the smaller guppies were the only ones to live. There was no overcrowding, and perfect water conditions. To this day I still don't know what could be the problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store