Any other snake lovers??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Owens187

AC Members
Oct 22, 2005
California
I keep two Pythons and a Columbian Red Tail Boa Constrictor.....anyone else into herps??

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
I love and keep snakes. Mostly native texas species, but my first snake was a corn snake and I have a special place in my heart for them. So many color morphs!

Riso-chan

The Blue Girl
Jan 17, 2005
Florida, USA
I haven't kept a snake since I was a child, I had a little ringneck, but he didn't live too long. I've had friends that have had snakes, a redtail boa was my favorite. Whenever you let him crawl on you, he'd end up giving you a good back or neck massage. And as embarrasing as it was, he'd also like to get inside your shirt. I also had the privelage to work with an eastern indigo in a nature park a year or so ago. She was a beauty and very sweet.

Although she's not a snake, I have been keeping a leopard gecko for about 5 years now. She's sweet, if one may say that of a reptile, but I'm biased:). I happen to like many reptiles kept as pets, maybe a little rare for a woman. I really think the monitor lizards are interesting, although I'd be a bit hesttant to keep one myself. Iguanas are another bunch of characters that really seem to become a part of the family. I may be ranting, but I believe that we mammals still have more to learn about the intelligence of reptiles. Their behaviors and personalities seem to speak for themselves.

Owens187

AC Members
Oct 22, 2005
California
LOL@ harlock...my first snake was a corn also. a beutiful candy cane corn snake.....and with a name like houdini you can probably guess what happened to him.......

oscar83

AC Members
May 21, 2004
Middletown, NJ
i used to be big into reptiles but not so much anymore. i wish i could get myself another ball python but between working 2 jobs and my fish i dont have the time for anything else... nor the space for that matter..... wow roan, going for the piebald... i f'in love those morphs, ive always wanted one, i just never had the $15000 to spend on one... good luck :D
oh, and btw, if you do successfully breed some nice pies let me know... I WANT ONE!!! :dance:

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
oscar83 said:
matter..... wow roan, going for the piebald... i f'in love those morphs, ive always wanted one, i just never had the $15000 to spend on one... good luck :D
The females are around 10k$ now, they've dropped some. Cheapest way to get one is het to het, but of course you don't know how many you'll get or what sex. We're crossing our fingers for a female pie out of a cross, but if anything we'll get some nice hets out of it. Male hets are pretty cheap, so 1 female could start a whole ballgame :)

oh, and btw, if you do successfully breed some nice pies let me know... I WANT ONE!!! :dance:
Heh. Doesn't everyone who loves balls? :) I want to get my hands on one of Ralph Davis's plattys, what beauties! Snake God has been wonderful to that guy. Have you see his platinum ball? Imported directly from Africa. Quite the story behind that fella. Here: http://www.ralphdavisreptiles.com/collection/pythons/ball/platinum_ball_python.asp

The biggest news is Ralph's successful creation of a new morph, the King Pin: http://www.ralphdavisreptiles.com/birthing_record/pythons_13.asp
Scroll down to clutch 122.

What awesome looking babies. Sigh.

Roan

oscar83

AC Members
May 21, 2004
Middletown, NJ
wow, those are beautiful **sigh** i totally love ball pythons, im planning on getting a ball tattoo wrapped around my leg... just gotta find the extra $800 for it :thud:

swreefer

AC Members
Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
You can get a female pied delivered to your door for $4K now.
The prices have dropped significantly. Pastels and spiders have also dropped significantly. You can get a male pastel to your door for $500 or a spider for $2500.
The only ones really commanding the higher prices now ($15K-$50K) are the lesser plattys, leucistic, ivory, bumblebee, pinstripe, red axanthic, and genetic stripes.
Even albinos have dropped to under $2K delivered.

Don't always go by what the breeders post as prices. Cash in hand lately gets large discounts.

On a side note, I just added 6 of these little guys to my collection today. Not bad for a buck each.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store