bulb tip anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

caseykell21

AC Members
Oct 26, 2005
about twice a day he closes up. Is this natural? i feed him shrimp every other day and he seems to be doing ok any help would be great thanks.
casey

mermaiden78

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Real Name
Dana
Hi I Have A Condy And He Will Colse Atleast Once A Day I Think It Is Normal Cause Right After He Opens Back Up He Starts His Bowelmovement For That Day Lol

Oliver

Oliver
Jan 17, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
you are feeding it way too much! How much light do you have?? It isn't 'good' that it is closing up, something is wrong,

enash99

AC Members
May 25, 2005
I have a condy also and I noticed last night he closed up when my daylight timer kicked it off, leaving only my antics on. Last night was a feeding for them I basted them with shrimp and the clarki was feeding him as normal even tho he was mostly closed up, soon as the moon lights came on and the antics were off he was open again. I have only one clarki clown and 2 anemone's, yet he takes food to both of them. I need to pick up another clown to host with the other anemone, my perc doesnt want anything to do with it.

caseykell21

AC Members
Oct 26, 2005
He opened back up.

He opened up last night I belive he is doing better because my clownfish are paying attention to him and slept in him last night. I have not feed him much but what do you suggest? As for light I have a current satellite.
casey

LordsSoilder

Armageddon outa here!
Aug 29, 2005
Holland, MI
www.jc4me.org
Can't say that your feeding him to much because I don't know how big he is... but it does sound like a bit much.

Usually anenomes will close either to catch something, or to hide from something that is irritating it. when is it closing, after adding media, food, etc... or is there something by it that it doesnt like?

Also Its a good thing that you clowns are hosting, sometime is takes a long time to get them to pay any attention to them.

the closing doesn't sound to bad to me, as long as its not for long periods of time...

JMO

caseykell21

AC Members
Oct 26, 2005
he closed again during my water change today

can clownfish make it close or could the water change have made it? Any suggestions on how to make it more comforatble? and i feed him shrimp but anything i could do for it. thanks for the help.
Casey

enash99

AC Members
May 25, 2005
Which clown for my Anenome?

So in my 46 Bow front, I happen to have 3 anenomes, 2 condy and 1 bubble. I have 2 clown, 1, perc and 1 clarki. I also have in my tank a Hammer coral, and agura (sp?) Goniopora. As for the rest, handfull of blue and red legged crabs, many snails, 1.5" horse shoe crab, and 2 reef chromis. I want to get another clown to live among the anenomes, Should i get just another clarki? I know tomato clowns wouldnt be good for this tank are there any others that would stay 2-3 inches and live among the anenomes and not make enemys in the tank?

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store