anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pamover

Registered Member
Nov 22, 2005
I have a rock anemone, it has attached itself to the front glass, I can't even see it except for the foot. How do I remove it from the glass?

wattsd

AC Members
Mar 22, 2005
I would use a plastic knife and slowly seperate portions of the anenomes foot from the glass until its completely off. A razor might work unless you slip. those are my 2 cents.

Gealcath

AC Members
Nov 9, 2003
Visit site
I wouldnt bother it at all, you risk damageing it if you try to move, and even if you do move it, it will move right back to that spot. So the best advice is to just let it be.

uhohagain

AC Members
Oct 12, 2005
Gently use your finger nail or even a credit card. No knife, very easy to injur your anemone that way.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
I wouldn't mess with it unless you absolutly have to!!! For one thing they can move and it will very likely just be right back where you removed it from. Your chances of hurting this guy are pretty great if you absolutly have to remove one I'd use the ice cube trick but, don't do it unless your anem is in danger or about to cause harm to another critter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store