clowns??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquaprincess

AC Members
Nov 23, 2005
I just purchased a clown fish (bubbles) Sunday. I was reading that clown fish are happiest in pairs, should i get another one or do you have to get them at the same time? I also have a Damsel, and many people say a Damsel will harm the other fish, but mine seem to be getting along great. I also have one more question. It seems that there is a lot of fish mess in my live sand. I thought my crab would clean it, but he stays on the live rock all day. Is there any suggestions on what to get to help this problem?? :dive:

Blinky

Gone
Jun 22, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
How large is the tank? If you've got room, and want another clown (of the same species), go for it. I've got a baby maroon who seems pretty happy stirring up trouble on his own but if I had room for a pair I'd probably do it - they're more fun in pairs.

If you've got live sand, I would assume you've got sand-stirring and detritus eating critters like bristleworms and nassarius snails that should take care of the 'dirt'. If you're finding that a lot of poop is just landing on the sandbed and staying there, some more current might help get the dirt into the water column so the skimmer/filter can take care of it.

aquaprincess

AC Members
Nov 23, 2005
i only have a 10 gallon tank, so i might be pushing it with two? what do you think? Should i get a shrimp to help take care of the poop problem? Thank you very much for your help!! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store