What happened!?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RobertA

AC Members
Oct 31, 2005
What happened!? I woke up this morning with my only female Guppy DEAD! It looks like she was stuck in between the filter tube and the aquarium's glass. To make maters worse, I noticed that a snail (I took him out as quickly as possible) laid alot of what I think are snail eggs on one of my Anubia plants. :(

Does anyone have an idea on what happened?

If anyone want's to actualy see the picture of the Guppy you can find it here

Last edited:

willy:-)

AC Members
Oct 12, 2005
lebanon Mo
Stress from too many males, water problems, there are so many possibilitys but you can narrow it down if you give us some more information such as tank size water paremeters and tankmates.

reziztor

I'm the man in the box
Oct 20, 2005
Korea
Could be anything. Test your water... Too much ammonia? Chlorine? Do you treat your water with chemicals? Is water clean? Maybe parasites? You could have overfed her too.

hannanias

my kitty is cute
Nov 21, 2005
guppies have never worked for me, they always died, i think the main thing is that they're not very hardy.

patoloco

De seguro no sabes lo que dice aqu
Oct 20, 2005
Costa Rica
wetpatoloco.tripod.com
In factm guppies are really hardy and recommended for the begginer. They are cheap to buy, and easy to take care of.

I've seen wild guppies live in water contaminated with soap fron a house's drain lines.

Even though are main objective as aquarist is to good keep our fish, you must not feel bad or blame yourself about this loss. Sometimes it just happens. People die. Fish die. Maybe it just was her time to go.

Give a good test on your water and if someting is wrong, re check your mainteinance routine.

patoloco

De seguro no sabes lo que dice aqu
Oct 20, 2005
Costa Rica
wetpatoloco.tripod.com

:OT: :OT:
If you turn your head to the right, it looks like a cory sucking on the intake tube.

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
RobertA said:
Do you have any idea how it died?
Robert,
If this is one of the guppies you had in your tank during the cycle period, most likely it was just too stressed from the ordeal and died.

Now that your tank is good, get some new guppies or something a little hardier.

Roan

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store