Goldfish developing black lines on tail

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

anduknodis

NCAA 06 Top 100: Iamcrunk
Nov 16, 2005
Texas DFW Area
I left my house for 3 days on a thanksgiving vacation and i have come back to notice my comet goldfish's tail has a few black streaks on it. His behavior seems normal but i was wondering if this could be harmful to my fish or a possible disease. Please aid me in figuring out if this is just natural to his looks or a problem i need to fix.

If it is a problem that anyone knows how to cure please tell me how to help my fish.

reziztor

I'm the man in the box
Oct 20, 2005
Korea
Hi. I don't have an answer. But this reminded me of something similar. I had 3 goldfish in a 30 gallon tank a few years ago that where real healthy and old. One day I noticed that one of them had black lines on the edges of his fins. I thought he was just changing color as goldfish do when they mature. Anyways, it happened to the others and a few weeks later they started resting at the bottom of the tank. Then they died one by one. The water was perfect and to this day its a mystery to me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store