Banggai Cardinal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

saltyflash

AC Members
Oct 16, 2005
Based on all known info, is it okay to get a single banggai or is it better to get a group of these fish(1 male, 2 female)? Will one survive without a tankmate?
BTW, this is for a fowlr 75g. with lots of caves and housing tangs, clowns, goby and other fairly mellow fish and inverts.
Also, which is advisable, wild or bred?

oscar83

AC Members
May 21, 2004
Middletown, NJ
ditto on that, but if you want to keep more than one make sure that you introduce them at the same time. Aquacultured seems to be the way to go because there is less of a chance of them coming in with diseases and what not.

itstheantitang

A man, struck down in his prime...
Oct 1, 2005
be aware that cardinals are nocturnal, so if it doesn;t eat with the lights on, try later with the lights off. Ive never had a cardinal though........

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
In one tank I have a group of 4 pajama cards and in another 3 banggai's . They were all added one or two at a time I've had no problems between their groups or with any other tank inhabitants. They tend to be some of the most peaceful fish I have.
They were also all different ages and most of them came from different places. I've never even heard of them being slightly aggressive.
Maybe I'm just lucky
fwiw
Chris

Germanman

My fish are my babies
i have just one in my tank and its doing great! i picked him up from my work last week and hes been eating sence the firts night. the banggai arn't nocturnal or are usually weened to day feeding straight off the shelf. and go tank raised my store only carries aquacultured fish...its better 4 the world.
and when ever u get new fish make sure they are healthy!!!

on another note keep ur fish healthy with Kent garlic xtreme just add it to the food and ur fish will get a boost in their defence against paracites!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store