Anemone got my hammer! *Pic*

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

enash99

AC Members
May 25, 2005
Well this AM I awoke to find my condy anemone had came off its live rock and traveled on to my sand bed and what looks like it attacked my hammer that i have had for a long time. I found it laying its tenticles on the center of the hammer and now there is a dead spot there. Will this ever grow back? I have 3 Anemones in my tank that is a 46 bow front, I think that I may have TOOOO many and that they will eventually kill everything in there. What should I do about my Hammer? Should i just move him further away from my live rock?

Here is a pic..

S5300960_a.JPG S5300951_a.JPG S5300952_a.JPG

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Well the hammer will recover with some tlc they are very hardy and it will either regrow or you can split it and have two. I'd give a a couple of weeks before I split it though it might surprise you.
When you keep anemones you have to pretty much design your tank around their needs. I don't know what other sesile inverts you have but, you'll have to put some sort of physical barrior around them. They also will eat any fish ,"except for clowns most of the time," that they can catch. If you have three condies you'll have three critters that will be about the size of basketballs. I'd strongly suggest that you keep that in mind and consider your options. I'd probably go for a tank divider as a short term solution.

enash99

AC Members
May 25, 2005
I just have 2 condey's and one bubble tip. As for the rest of what's in my tank..

I have
2 condy's
1 bubble tip
1 hammer
1 gorphia err sp.
1 peppermint shrimp
1 red scarlet
handfulls of crabs and snails
2 Green reef chromis
1 perc clown
1 clarkii

What is a "tank diver"? And what would you suggest then with this setup. I wanted to add many others but wanted to be diverse. Ill take any ideas.

Last edited:

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
Your tank isn't big enough to add "many others", what kind of lighting are you using? BTA's need pretty strong lights. A tank divider is something that seperates one part of the tank from the other, your LFS should have em' they are usually accrylic and are amde for different size tanks, ask for a breeding divider or something.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store