mail order live rock?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jeffrey

AC Members
Mar 13, 2005
I have access to "cured " LR at local fish stores, but it is very expensive compared to LR than can be ordered and shipped. I realize that I will have to cure the shipped rock, and that I can hand pick the rock at LFS, but other than that, are their reasons I am not thinking of as to why I shouldn't mail order LR?
Can you recommend reliable mail order sources?

Thanks

itstheantitang

A man, struck down in his prime...
Oct 1, 2005
1 reason not to mail order is the cost of shipping. On liveaquaria.com the price for 40 lbs is 89 but shipping is 1.29 for every pound!!!

LordsSoilder

Armageddon outa here!
Aug 29, 2005
Holland, MI
www.jc4me.org
There are many places that sell good rock for great prices. LR can be easily bought for cheaper than the LFS with shipping included. If I remember I will post some sites I have seen good LR at nice prices. I'm on another comp right now and don't remember the addresses (in my favorites) however hirocks.com seems to be a good place to find base rock for ok pricing...

just saw this link from another post,

-LS

SteveD

AC Members
Apr 1, 2004
Visit site
LordsSoilder said:
There are many places that sell good rock for great prices. LR can be easily bought for cheaper than the LFS with shipping included. If I remember I will post some sites I have seen good LR at nice prices. I'm on another comp right now and don't remember the addresses (in my favorites) however hirocks.com seems to be a good place to find base rock for ok pricing...

just saw this link from another post,

-LS

Good thought, also check out www.reeferrocks.com

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store