American/Florida Flag Fish vs. Siamese Algae Eater?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mr Fish

AC Members
Sep 14, 2005
Which is better vs. beard algae (black hair-like crap on plants?)

Where can I buy either on-line?

reziztor

I'm the man in the box
Oct 20, 2005
Korea
you can buy either at www.azgardens.com

I've had both... S.A.E. are very calm and peaceful in my community tanks. The A.F.F will nip fins and harasss fish smaller than them.

However, the tanks with the A.F.F where a lot cleaner. The S.A.E. do a very respectable job. So for a community tank with some smaller fish or long-finned fish, go with the S.A.E.

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
reziztor said:
you can buy either at www.azgardens.com
You know, I have a problem with that site and maybe you can shed some light.

I was there looking at pricing -- which isn't bad -- but they will not tell you the shipping costs until AFTER you have purchased the fish and they are ready to ship it to you.

That was enough to make me not want to buy anything there. Do you know why they do that? I have no idea if they are cheaper than any place else I have bought from because I have no way of knowing the shipping costs until after I have committed to the purchase. Not a snowballs chance in hoopla am I going to buy something unless I know how much it costs to ship. That just ain't smart in my books.

Just wondering if you knew anything,

Roan

reziztor

I'm the man in the box
Oct 20, 2005
Korea
I hate that to.

I've ordered from them a few times. Especially their plant stuff... They have magnificently healthy plants and fair prices. They never ripped me off, and I even have ordered livestock all the way to Korea and it all came fast, cheaply and 100% healthy.

Just once I had my jar of zooplankton broken... Not a big deal.

They have this under their FAQ section:

Two charges on your credit card from us? All too often we are asked this question. Yes, our company charges separately for your product invoice and your shipping. We charge for shipping after your order is packed because these charges are based on the ACTUAL weight of your package, as we do not try to guess your shipping fee or base your shipping fees on the dollar amount you spend. Monday is our usual day to charge for product, and Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are the days we charge for shipping. We charge FedEx list rates for the day your shipment goes out, as rates can vary from day to day.

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
reziztor said:
Two charges on your credit card from us? All too often we are asked this question. Yes, our company charges separately for your product invoice and your shipping. We charge for shipping after your order is packed because these charges are based on the ACTUAL weight of your package, as we do not try to guess your shipping fee or base your shipping fees on the dollar amount you spend. Monday is our usual day to charge for product, and Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are the days we charge for shipping. We charge FedEx list rates for the day your shipment goes out, as rates can vary from day to day.
Nod, I read that. IMHO it would be nice if they even quoted a ballpark amount of the shipping costs. That would be better than nothing at all and two charges to the card.

Roan

reziztor

I'm the man in the box
Oct 20, 2005
Korea
I agree.

But their stock of plants and shrimps and healthy fish is too good for me to omit.

sardesign

AC Members
Sep 28, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Roan Art said:
You know, I have a problem with that site and maybe you can shed some light.

I was there looking at pricing -- which isn't bad -- but they will not tell you the shipping costs until AFTER you have purchased the fish and they are ready to ship it to you.

That was enough to make me not want to buy anything there. Do you know why they do that? I have no idea if they are cheaper than any place else I have bought from because I have no way of knowing the shipping costs until after I have committed to the purchase. Not a snowballs chance in hoopla am I going to buy something unless I know how much it costs to ship. That just ain't smart in my books.

Just wondering if you knew anything,

Roan

Email them for an estimate with your zip code. They did it for me

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store