buying fish online (specifically bettas)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RockabillyChick

Kilt-lifter
Nov 5, 2005
Washington state
i've really wanted a pure white betta for some time now. i've found a few at pet stores that are close, but nothing pure white. i'm also rather bord of the standard veil tail betta. i'm wondering how expensive it is to buy a betta online. i know it depends on tail shape, pedigree, etc. also, what are some good websites? i'm not looking to breed, so i dont need anything perfect quality, i just want a white male betta, preferably with something other than the Veil tail shape. any suggestions?

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
usually betta (good ones) I've been told are between 12-40 dollars. Shipping that I've seen has been from about 27-30 dollars. I have not ordered anything as of yet because I am waiting on my new tank in the next few days. I hope this helped

TheMightyQueenPixie

Best Invention EVER!
Apr 16, 2002
Barrie, ON. Canada
www.baycitybettas.com
One decent male specimine can run you 20-50 dollars depending on strain...Northstar is right about shipping, about 30 bucks...If you import it will usually cost 5 bucks per fish to ship them from overseas to the transhipper...The transhipper will usually charge a 3 dollar per fish handling fee...More of an inspection actually to make sure the fish is healthy and good to be shipped again...
check out www.ibcbettas.org for a list of chapters and member sites...You can always get a deal at www.aquabid.com too

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store