Easiest product to maintain alklinity and calcium?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Soccer

AC Members
May 14, 2002
Guelph, Ontario
Visit site
I was orginaly using kalkwasser to maintain my PH and calcium and it was kinda annoying using the dripper and also there is no pickling lime where i live, and kalk is expensive so I am thinking of other products to use. I was thinking of using either #1- liquid calcium or #2 tech CBA and CBB. What would you guys suggest? Would these be good choices? Would my alkalinity stay at a good range with the liquid calcium, and finally my PH what would be good to keep this stable?

Thanx b ;)

frosty

AC Members
Dec 17, 2001
Blair, NE
I've had great luck with CB. My tank has flourished ever since I started using it. I add it every week I don't do a water change, along with iodine and a multi-element.

BrianH

AC Members
Oct 16, 2001
Oakland, NJ
photos.yahoo.com
I used the ESV products for about 8 months and thought they were doing a fine job. I started dripping kalk about 1 month ago and have seen amazing growth out of my lps and sps corals. I had a green monitpora digita frag that had turned brown and wasn't growing very quickly. Since I started dripping kalk it has regained it's original green color and is has grown as much in the last month as it did during the previous 6 months.
I can't say for sure that the kalk is the only reason since I've also swapped out a prizm skimmer for a remora pro which is taking at least 2 - 3 times as much skimmate out of the tank as the prizm. What I can say is that since I've changed skimmers and begun adding kalk I've seen tremendous changes in the health and growth of my sps and lps corals.
By the way, the ESV product can be pretty expensive if your dosing a large tank.

Brian

gadfly

AC Members
Mar 15, 2003
Portland, Oregon, USA
Visit site
I am using Kent Marine Tech CB (Part A & B) along with Iodine from the same company. No complaints yet. There are two saltwater stores in the area who have pretty competent people using this product and say it works great. In one of the stores there is a small desktop aquarium with PC lighting and I think a millenium 2000 filter that is burgeoning with healthy specimens. (both coral and fish). It really looks good. I am told all they do is add that product and iodine once a week. I am uncertain as to the other products added. (perhaps none?)

Contents:

Part A: deionized water containing the following ions: calcium, chloride, magnesium, strontium, bromide, lithium, rubidium, nickel, chromium, zinc, copper, cesium, iron, manganese, cobalt.

Part B: deionized water containing the following ions: sodium, potassium, bicarbonate, carbonate, borate, fluoride, iodide, molybdate, selenate, vanadate, and tungstate.

Cheers.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store