Spine-Cheeked Anemone Fish(Clown)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Owens187

AC Members
Oct 22, 2005
California
anyone have any experiance with this particular type of clown?? just wondering because i dont see any talk of them here. i have the Spine-cheek Clown Anemonefish (Premnas biaculeatus)and an Ocellaris Clown Anemonefish (Amphiprion ocellaris) and they seem to get along good for being different types of clown. hes a trippy lookin guy with his spiny little cheeks though!!

Blinky

Gone
Jun 22, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
Premnas biaculatus is commonly referred to as a maroon clownfish. I've got one, he's a feisty little guy now that he's settled into his tank. I'd watch your other clown, the maroon may grow more intolerant of it in time and end up killing it.

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
I have a pair of maroon clowns, the female could kill anything in my tank if she wanted.

Owens187

AC Members
Oct 22, 2005
California
thanx, i didnt realize they were the same, because mine is orange, although not bright orange like the ocellaris. i did some research and found that they will be orange untill they change sex into a female, and then they turn deep maroon. thanx for the info!!

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
the males are maroon too... just not the same darkness as the females. if you wanted to mate your maroon, consider looking for another small one now before your current one becomes a female and bullies it around. Its alot harder to do once you have a female, trust me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store