Gold and Green Severum breeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mattarcas

Fishaholic - rehab not required
Oct 20, 2005
UK
Hi all
I have a Gold and Green Severum. They are doing the mating ritual at the moment so i'm assuming they will be spawning soon. Just wondered if anyone has had any experience of this and if so what the outcome will be. i.e Can they breed successfully and if so what will the babies be like? Colour mix, all green, all gold, some gold and some green? I think the Green is the male and the gold the female if this helps.
Cheers
Matt

Gretchen

AC Members
Jan 30, 2005
I am pretty sure they can breed, but I don't know what color the babies will be. Someone else can probably tell you better.

fish_breeder_05

American Idiot
Aug 23, 2005
Hastings, NE
The fry will be able to breed sence the greens ans the goldsare exactly the same species, the gold is the albino form. The fry will be mostly greens since they are dominant, but you will still get some golds in the bach and there will be no fry with mixed color.

Chris Peterson

Registered Member
Jul 18, 2023
The fry will be able to breed sence the greens ans the goldsare exactly the same species, the gold is the albino form. The fry will be mostly greens since they are dominant, but you will still get some golds in the bach and there will be no fry with mixed color.
Also males have spots and females have stripes just in case you didn't know.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Chris, this thread is from 2005. Too late for your helpful info.

But if you'd like to introduce yourself & your tank(s) scroll way down to the bottom of the forums. There a place for that . Or just post in general freshwater, we'll see it there too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store