Condy anemones

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mermaiden78

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Real Name
Dana
i was reading the article written by Maxilaria, It said that condys and other anemones are to be fed ever other day with fish soaked in selcon or other supplements.... what other supplements would be good for mine?

Mahlhavoc

AC Members
Nov 1, 2005
It said that condys and other anemones are to be fed ever other day with fish soaked in selcon or other supplements
Mine are lucky to eat once a week! I believe this is over feeding, tho I have BTAs not Condies. They harbor zooxanthelle that help to feed them and do not require a feeding every other day, as in the wild they don't eat this much. .

But everyone has opinions I guess, my theory is *If in doubt . . Underfeed!*

Best thing for them is simply water changes and good lighting and a feeding once a week. IMHO

mermaiden78

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Real Name
Dana
the LFS told me to feed him everyother week and i did he would stay balled up until he would get fed... So i have been feeding him every three days or so (of only small squares of silversides) and he seem to be happier. He dont Tuck himself anymore...Should i keep feeding him like this? cause my light is not so good

mermaiden78

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Real Name
Dana
anyone?

itstheantitang

A man, struck down in his prime...
Oct 1, 2005
yes you definitely need more light

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Well depending on how long the condy has been in there it may be too late to worry about light. As long as it keeps eating feed it. I would add much more light though if you can, probably a minimum of 60 watts or so.

A 10 gallon tank won't house an anemone for very long, sorry to say it will probably die very young.

mermaiden78

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Real Name
Dana
well he was cheap and i dont have much money but today i did get another fixture for 15w fluor. maybe with it being a 10gal and i have 30 watts maybe he will last a little longer until i can invest is a better light setup

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store