Another great rescue by me chevo

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chevo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2005
portland rx
Well this is going to be very upsetin for some it was for me when i found them all.
Well here is goes i was driving home from the store while i was looking for some stuff on the side of the road couse im a really bad pack rat so my wife says, I noticed this fish tank (10 gallon )this lady had just put out there i stop and ask here if i could have it she said yes and went inside really quick, i was ok cool. The tank look it had been out side for some time or so i thought it was have way full and very dirty green and stuff dead plants covered the top of it the hood was in side the water, so as i began to empty it i saw fish inside start to move they was like 30 african ciclids in there some were dead some were not so i freaked i ran to my car and got a bucket i carry in the car and went and filled it up with some water from the garden hose and started to put t he fish in there with a net that was in there to go figure they put all the fish stuff in the water i was so mad but anyway i got all of them out. I counted like 17 of them that were still somewhat alive the rest well they were dead. I rushed home i and put them in my twenty gallon tank with my gromies i netted them out so not to put the water in my tank then i rushed to the ladys house to ask here why she did that well she said well let me tell you a little about her first so you can follow me better she is kind of rich and shes got this 10 year old son who get everything he wants, well ok she said he wanted some fish he wanted all the one in the tank at walmart you no how they always have there tanks overstock anyway he got all 35 of them she said mind you these fish at our local walmart are like 6 bucks a pop anyway he got the fish and a bigginer fish tank they sale and some food and other stuff.Well aperently she got him some live plants to for the tank alot of them cuse he want ed a jungel in the tank so she said ok well a couple of days go by and the tank go dirty so the kid got mad and turned it off she found it like that like 3 days later turned off she ask him why he did it he said he didnt want them no more so he turned it off so they could die wat a fu88907 exuse me im so mad anyway she empted the water almost all of it and put it out side she said. Man i was so :mad: pissed i bitych her out and told her i was going to report here she laught at me and told me to leave oh well i tried to call the animal services but they laught at me it turns out it not a crime wat they did to thous fish god im so mad oh well i got 15 of them they seem to be doing fine no hope they all live ill post pics later :mad:

Boohoo

AC Members
Feb 22, 2005
Bridgewater,Nova Scotia
It would be alot easier to follow your post if you made complete sentances and paragraphs.
Those people should not take any living creature into their care if they are willing to just throw them out with the trash. :mad2:

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
Unfortuenately thats never gonna change.... people **** me off so much sometimes. It makes me want to just run away to some tropical jungle and live on my own with the animals... no humans to deal with. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

If I was there I probebly would have gotten physical with her.... not only for mistreating animals but for raising her son that way. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

-Diana

rbell219

AC Members
Nov 12, 2005
tre8160--did you read the post? He did what he could to save the fish-----GOOD JOB chevo!! You will need to start thinking about accomodations for them though.

tre8160

AC Members
Dec 3, 2005
Yeah I read it...well what I could understand of it anyway :rolleyes: . So he saves the african cichlids and in turn they kill his gourami's. What was wrong with the 10 gallon these fish were in? No I'm not saying 17 african cichlids is ok in a 10g but I don't exactly think I would've put them in my 20g with my gourami's either.

chevo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2005
portland rx
tre8160 said:
Yeah I read it...well what I could understand of it anyway :rolleyes: . So he saves the african cichlids and in turn they kill his gourami's. What was wrong with the 10 gallon these fish were in? No I'm not saying 17 african cichlids is ok in a 10g but I don't exactly think I would've put them in my 20g with my gourami's either.
OH as for the 10 gallon they were in it was cracked on the bottom just enought so that when i went to pick up after i took the fish it broke so i left it there and just took the stuff in it like pump and filter and stuff like that.

Sorry about the writting I was so mad but had to tell someone. As for the grourami,s they seem to be doing fine but I went ahade and moved them to another tank so no worrys. Now its just the ciclids and 3 little cat fish that ill move to latter.

Last edited:

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
tre8160 said:

The guy did what he needed to do...From the sounds of it the tank he rescued them from was trashed and needed to be cleaned up.Give the guy his dues for doing a good deed and saving the fish from certain death instead of putting an evil spin on the matter.

In life when you're helping a thing/person you are usually putting yourself at a disadvantage.

chevo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2005
portland rx

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store