Long Finned Blue Ram

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

moesha

AC Members
Oct 12, 2005
I finally found some rams (walmart yeh i know) been wanting some ever since i got my 40 ga tank a few years ago. they had about a dozen, all long finned. some were pretty ragged and a few even had crooked looking tails but i picked out 2 of the nicest looking ones and kept them in a 10 gallon for 2 weeks. they are in a 40 gallon now with some plants and tetras, paradise fish. could anyone hazard a guess at the sexes? they get along pretty well except for a little chasing at dinner time. the one in the top pic is the bossier one.

rams.JPG

case_rums

AC Members
Nov 9, 2003
CT
Visit site
I'd guess you've got 2 males. It's hard to see the second one though. The first is a male for sure though. Look for a pink/red belly, that's your clue to if it's a female or not.

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Would you guys happen to know any where else I can find Blue Rams? I've looked everywhere for them! Nice looking fish buy the way!

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
You can get them all over the net now, even from guys on this forum, just post WTB, Walmart is not the best stock, key to keeping GBRs are all about good stock.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store