did i get jipped on my electric blue JD? pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vaderbanger

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
i dunno but i think i got ripped off when i purchased my electric blue jack dempsey online. i wrote about his horror story in my other post, but hes doing ok and very vigorous. he does have a semi deformed mouth though, its off on one side, almost like the way a stroke victim would look like. he eats well but he needs very tiny pieces.
i attached some pics, and what do you guys think? he doesnt look like an electric blue does he? did they send me a regular JD? he does have a slight more color than a reg JD but he is no way "electric"
hes very small only about an inch
so whatta ya think?

1electblu.jpg 2elctblu.jpg 3elecblutiny.jpg

Cylon

AC Members
Sep 12, 2005
Benton, IL
re

It looks like a electric blue to me.
As they grow they pick up more blue or depending on their mood. It looks more like a femail to me but it has some growing to do. Cant make out the dorsel fins shape quit yet.

vaderbanger

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
i got a good look at the dorsel (hes so tiny its hard to tell) but he did have a red line going across the complete tip of the dorsel, and a very slight point at the end
sometimes for a short time he will get these huge neon green spots..maybe hes an electric green lol

tlaug

AC Members
Feb 14, 2005
I think you are going to have to wait til the fish is bigger before know if you got taken are not.

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
As it has already been stated, juvies tend to be more white in color than blue.........as they grow, they acquire varying shades of blue anyways.

Feed him quality flake food and blood worms. It should grow an inch in about a month. Please keep us updated :thm: .

vaderbanger

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
hes far from white, hes mostly black with brown, accept in the fins and some blue on the face, that reg JD's have anyway

vaderbanger

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
ok so get this. on somethingsphishy.com's web site theres an area where you can leave feedback, good or bad
so i gave my feedback with one star being bad, and left a brief message about how they sent me this fish with no heat pack in the dead of winter and a pretty bad quality JD nothing like the fish that was pictured. it was a fair honest reveiw, and ya know what? the owner removed my comment from his site!! sure he only leaves the good ones! which he probably wrote himself!
where can i spread the word that this place is bad news?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store