ocellaris clownfish acting weird

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

res940

AC Members
Nov 28, 2005
Hi guys, I recently purchased two ocellaris clownfish from my LFS and introduced them at the exact same time. They were in a tank of plenty of clownfish and are the only two in the tank now. When I first put them in the "bigger one" was the more dominant picking on the "smaller one" every couple of hours or so, but more or less playfully. I put in some live rock a couple of days ago and changed around the aquascaping a little bit and now the smaller one is a terror. Constantly picking on the one that used to be the more dominant. I'm starting to worry that the bigger one could get injured because it's getting rougher and rougher. is this just a normal struggle for dominance and if so how long would you guess that it would last? don't you think it's strange that they swapped roles suddenly? I just switched the positioning of the plants up again but it didn't help any. It's not as if the smaller one is guarding any territory unless he thinks the whole tank is his territory. any ideas??? thanks a bunch guys!

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
first of all the bigger one will most likely be a female and the smaller a male. can you tell us how big the clowns are.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store