Help please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

amerpatrt

Fresno, CA
Sep 8, 2004
Fresno, CA
www.smithdobermans.com
I have a goldfish, 1 yr old, that is swimming uncoordinated and his eyes are bulging out unnaturally. If he was a human I'd think he had a thyroid problem by the looks of his eyes. I think by morning he will be dead judging by how he's swimming, but we thought we'd put out an SOS and see if someone has any advice. I guess you'd call him a feeder fish since he came from a carnival game last year. Not sure if that has anything to do with this, or if maybe he's constipated, since he has been a fat little guy all his life. :help:

amerpatrt

Fresno, CA
Sep 8, 2004
Fresno, CA
www.smithdobermans.com
update

2am and he's still exactly the same. Does anyone have any advice? I'm not sure if this is something treatable, and I can't stand to see him suffer, if indeed he is suffering, I just don't know.
Anything? The parameters are all normal on the tank, everyone else is fine. :sick:

liv2padl

cichlidophile
Oct 30, 2005
north carolina
how about some information we can use to help you with? what are the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate readings. what size is the tank. what other fish are in the tank. what's the temperature of the water. how often do you perform water changes. how much do you change each time. do you vacuum the gravel. how often. what do you feed this fish. and etc. and etc.

amerpatrt

Fresno, CA
Sep 8, 2004
Fresno, CA
www.smithdobermans.com
update

An update on the little carnival goldfish-
He's still alive. His coordination seems better, and the swelling behind his eyes has gone down, but I haven't noticed whether he has had a bowel movement.
They get thawed peas and seaweed salad twice a week, he shouldn't be constipated. I guess it was that look on his face with the popping eyes that made me worried about that. Just wanted to let you guys know that he's still kickin and is actually getting better.
Everyone have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in case I don't visit again for a few weeks!
~Dawn

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store