Purple Fingers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002

Funny how this major event is not hardly touched by our News Media. How sad.

We should somehow never take our Freedoms for granted!

There are those much less fortunate on this world of ours....

http://www.purplefingerforfreedom.org/

Last edited:

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
Wow..she's showing a bit too much face for that part of the world.
I sure hope all that we have gone through to get to where they can vote is worth it. I'm just afraid they will revert to what they were before once we leave.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
There's much more to it all, then just getting them to vote. And hopefully "their country" will be much more civilized than in the past.

You forgot to mention this "woman" voted, unlike anything in the past..

Can you imagine living under a dictator's rule?

It seems there's some hope for them.......

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
It's funny, women got the right to vote there much more quickly after democracy began than they did here, where it was born..

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
When the voting first started(this was a few months ago wasnt it?I think for a different decision?) this was all over our local news casts and papers. I was pretty impressed with it and proud of the people who did get out and vote despite the potential violence. I dont recall the exact numbers, but they had a voter turnout that was almost double the percentage of our average. Good for them. Ive said it before, democracy is the worst government system accept for all the other ones.

Xielos

how I mine for fish?
Sep 13, 2005
TheMightyQueenPixie said:
You (Americans) dont live in a Democracy, you live in a Republic...So do Canadians and anywhere else that you can elect an official to represent you.
Biggest misconception Americans have about America, we live in a Republic not a democracy :p:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store