BTA Anemone Percula Clown - Dilema

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
I am in an unfortunate situation, my boss, well my boss's boss (ceo) heard on the grapvine that i keep marine fish and have done for a a couple of years. He calls me to his office and asks if i can help him.

He has a 30G tank with a couple of i think pecula clowns (could be ocellaris) been in there a week hes just from what i can tell a long tenticle BTA. He asked if i could the clowns to live in the Anemone as thats what his kid wants.

So i went over there and first assesed his tank, i told him his lights are inadequete (standard 40 w t8 )and his tank was nowhere near mature for that anemone i wont even attempt an anemone in my year old 40. He told me : "thats not important can you get the clowns in there"

They weren't paying any attention to it when i got there but i think i have arroused their suspision i cut a lifesize picture of a clownfish out and stuck it to the glass very close to the anemone, i also changed the power head configuration a little to try to get the Nem to open up a little. i fed the new some squid when i was there and he took it!

Now they are swimming around and around it brushing up against it a little and then swimming off?

Am i near to getting the job done?

P.S will do my best to puesade him to get some more watts over that tank, and research a bit more before his next purchase!
Is it now a waiting game?

Some more tank specs for reference hes got about 40LB of live rock ( not much life on it a shallow sand bed, hes running a protien skimmer (prism) and a canister filter.

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
Hosting doesn't always happen, but it sounds like you are getting close, what are the parameters of the tank? And i would suggest T5, MH or Power Compacts.

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
Suprisingly ok, Ammonia 0 Nitrate 0 Nitrate 5ppm SG is at 1.025

I will drop him some lighting sugesstions, after all the tank will look alot better under better lights, I have 2 55 Watt pc's over my 40 i think he could squeeze something like that under his hood

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
Well the only problem is the lighting then, ohwell i suppose it could be worse.

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
LOL, good idea, just go "cough cough promotion!", or "cough cough christmas present!" both are good ideas, just make sure if he get's you a christmas present tell him you want a 8ft tank, 3 250 WATT MH, ASM skimmer, and so on...

LOL :)

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
Good news i popped round at lunch (at bosses request) and the little male was sleeping in the corner of the Nem! I am not sure how much of it was my influence but i of cause claimed credit ;-) i have reiterated that it wont live long with those lights!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store