i want to get pacific blue tang but...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
don't have big enough fish tank at the time. how long does it take for a blue tang to get to a full adult size? i want to get a bigger tank in few years.

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
depending on tank size, some people have reported up to 5 inches a year, smaller tanks can stunt growth, another person who had a 55g and upgraded to 120g, his tang took 6 years to grow 4 inches.

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
:dive2: i have 40 gallons now. i was going to get about 4,5 inches long pacific blue for now. i already have one clown, one yellow tang, and one lawnmower blenny. i will not get pacific blue if it's not a good idea. i just wanted him because he is so beautiful, but i can wait if he will not be happy.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
2 tangs in that small of a tank will probably lead to aggression and fighting. I would wait until you get a bigger tank.

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
TKOS said:
2 tangs in that small of a tank will probably lead to aggression and fighting. I would wait until you get a bigger tank.
IMO wait, you do not want to spend a heap of money and then the fish dies of stress or attacked by the YT. I think it would be wise on your part to wait until you get the bigger tank.

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
:coffee2: thank you guys. i'm not in a hurry of getting him. i'll wait, because my fishtank doesn't look empty as of now anyway. i'm gonna get a pair of neon blue gubbies that will add some blue color to my small fish tank and will clean my fish. i'll get the pacific blue later in the future.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store