Anemone Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GeorgiaMan

All Salt!
Dec 6, 2005
Macon Georgia
This Anemone hitchhiked on a piece of live rock. I want to keep him alive. I have two regular lights one is the full blue spectrum light. I have been chopping up shrimp very small and hand feeding him. I am feeding him every other day. At times he is very large at the base like he is full of water and other times he is very flat. Any help would be appreciated.

anonome.jpg

GeorgiaMan

All Salt!
Dec 6, 2005
Macon Georgia
regular lights. im sure they are not enough. also 46 gallon corner bow ammonia .25 and dropping Ph is a little low at 7.8 Nitrates at 10 and nitrites at .25

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
i am guessing the tank is still cycling, also i think by saying regular lights you mean fluros. this will not be enough unless you are running around 150 watts, with actinic supplements. If i was you i would ring a local LFS (saltwater) and ask them if they could hold if for you.

Mahlhavoc

AC Members
Nov 1, 2005
Best idea, if you dont want to see him dead, is to either get better lights or have your LFS hold him in a better tank till you do. Might be a good idea anyhow because it dosen't sound like your tank is cycled.

But this is just one mans opinion.

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
It will probably die if it is not put in a well established tank soon, Drop him off at the LFS, get a credit not or ask them to hold it for you.

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
I got 110W of T5 PC made by a company called interpet and it cost £50($25) delivered with bulbs! I suppliment it with 35 Watts of Antic PC T5 i dont keep an anemone though just a few softies and some star polyp

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store