new to the site posting pic of my setup lmk what you think

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sharkguy

Jaws!!!
Dec 19, 2005
Tampa, FL
www.awdturbodspyder.s5.com
im new to this site and wanted to post a few pics of my setup...

btw its my dad in the pics to give you an idea how large the tank is

sorry for the big pics but i dunno how to resize

tank setup:

400 gallon

tenecor ultraquarium

400 wet/dry

450 skimmer

180 lbs of live sand (crushed coral) none dry all wet

approx 125 lbs of coral

:shark:

habitants:

1 leopard shark

2 nurse sharks

a yellow spotted stingray

a couple blue crabs

various pin fish and squirell fish for food

pics:

Last edited:

tomdkat

Da Man
Nov 29, 2005
Cool! I thought your dad was gonna be IN the tank... :D

How long have you had the sharks?

EDIT: Great job on the image resizing. :D

Peace...

Last edited:

sharkguy

Jaws!!!
Dec 19, 2005
Tampa, FL
weve had them a little over 2 months now, the 2 nurse sharks (1 male n 1 female) are approximatly 6 months old they were caught them down in the keys we live in tampa, and the leopard is 4 years old but was born in captivity

speaking of the m n f nurse sharks anyone know if theyd ever mate? im guessin prolly not but never know

we added another friend earlier went to the bait shop i got a firend that work there adn they caught a sea horse in their nets he gave it to me for free heres a pic i think i got it resized btw

Last edited:

tomdkat

Da Man
Nov 29, 2005
sharkguy said:
weve had them a little over 2 months now, the 2 nurse sharks (1 male n 1 female) are approximatly 6 months old they were caught them down in the keys we live in tampa, and the leopard is 4 years old but was born in captivity
Cool!

we added another friend earlier went to the bait shop i got a firend that work there adn they caught a sea horse in their nets he gave it to me for free
About how big is that sea horse? Can you have your dad get in the tank for a size comparison? :D

What size tank is it in? Or is it in there with the sharks?

Peace...

sharkguy

Jaws!!!
Dec 19, 2005
Tampa, FL
well since it was free and i dunno anyhting about it or honestly for that matter how to even care for it its in the 400 gallon tank with the sharks unless someone thinks itd be better off in my 10 gallon>? its bout 4-5" tall anyone know what kind of seahorse it is?

sharkguy

Jaws!!!
Dec 19, 2005
Tampa, FL
mysis said:
Need a clear picture of the sea horse.

ill try to get a clear pic but he always stay near teh back of the tank so its hard to get a good pic (the tank is 8 feet long 3 ft wide 3 feet deep) and he is so tiny compared tot eh size of it

another question i have is how can u get little surface scratches off an acrylic tank i cleaned it with a sos pad not realizing it would scratch when we first got it i now know not to the hard way lol

any help id appreciate

thanks

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store