BTA Deflated

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
I dont know if you guys have been keeping an eye on my other thread BTA percula clown dilema, but the clowns have taken to the anemone however now the anemone has deflated and the clowns are showing it alot of attention anything to worry about?

GeorgiaMan

All Salt!
Dec 6, 2005
Macon Georgia
The same thing is going on with mine. Two days ago it was very "Full" Now it is flat and not looking good. I a looking forward to insite from others.

Swimfins

This is as good as it gets.
Clowns have been known to 'love' their anenome to the death constant rubbing near the mouth. A large anenome will weather the clown attack better than a smaller specimen. Deflated tentacles are always a sign of unhappiness. Check your water parameters, a change in salinity, lighting, like a swithc to more or less intensity and phosphates/nitrates being raised, can cause this too.

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
the Nems about 8 Inchs across and the clowns are both under 2" all things stable as far as i can tell, the percs are paying alot of attention to the mouth though

Swimfins

It sounds like the anenome is irritated by something. Is anything else bothering it? Some sea urchins will snack on anenome and other inverts can't thnk of which ones at the moment. You might want to google it. My wrasse steals shrimp bits from my lta, so I feed it after she/he is in bed under the sand.

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
The only thing i noticed near it is a rather large turbo snail, near the foot, i have removed it, i fed it a couple of days ago it eat ok, its tenticles are filling out a little so i think i'll sleep on it and pop around tomorrow,

Swimfins

Goodluck, might of just been a little sharp rock or shell. Mine gets upset if a shell or stone gets near the foot. My clown moves the sharp ones by carrying them a distance and dumping them or brushes them out of the way with her tail.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store