My Cinn Clown & Anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mermaiden78

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Real Name
Dana
I think my Cinn and Anemone are going to host! The clown keeps rubbing the anemomes tenticles..... I noticed it yesterday. I can in from wally world and look at my tank and saw that the fish was hovering over the anemone. Everyonnce in awhile he would slowly float downward and rub agaist the tenticles. They is staying very close to each other. Is it possible for them to host? My anemone is a condy.... I have heard that it is not likely... But it looks to me like it might happen.

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
Yep i think its going to happen! i had some experiance recently with my bosses percula clowns and a BTA, every day he was rubbing against it a little more and then the third day he was in. Now both clowns never leave (except to eat) i have a few pics if your interested. I have read articles before where clowns have hosted condys

My advice do as little as possible to desturb either the anemone or the clown and you should be in luck!

mermaiden78

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Real Name
Dana
awesome could you post some? or PM me !

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Most clowns don't know what they are supposed to host as they are captive bred or raised. They host all sorts of things. So there is no reason why a Condy wouldn't work. The problem comes soemtimes when people get anemones hoping the clowns will host and they don't as they fall in love with a piece of coral or a flower pot or powerhead. Crazy little guys.

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
mine really likes the weird peice of live rock, it is like a tree branching out, he swims around that all day, and he also used to like the surface skimmer, and sleap next to that, but after 3 days, he left for the rock.

jacobus

dragon wrasse nut
Dec 4, 2005
Singapore.
lol. i have a few anemones in my smaller tank, and a false percula and tomato. the tomato is in quarantine. and the percula in alternating between my two largest anemones, one of which used to host the tomato.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store