Help injured anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

david emmett

AC Members
Nov 21, 2005
When I got up this morning my yellow based anemone had got its self sucked up into one of my power heads and some of its tenacles got torn of , I ,m not sure if its just going to die or if it might recover anyone got any tips for me I could use some help fast Thanx David E

gbolton

AC Members
Oct 29, 2003
The Woodlands, Texas
Visit site
I have ahd this happen many times over the years. Depending on the extent of the damage the anenome may do just fine. Be sure you keep your water at the best posible quality until the anenome has healed.

Also what type of anenome do you have? Any pictures? Ususally when an anenome moves close to a power head or overflow the reason is that they are looking for additional water flow and you can usually keep them from doing this by positioning them correctly in the tank with the proper flow and lighting that would penetrate to the area of the tank chosen. The key though is to identify the species of anenome you have to determine the proper condtions for it.

caseykell21

AC Members
Oct 26, 2005
I had a power head kill my first anemone

so I added a foam filter like thing and now it can't suck him in. Just my two cents.
casey

david emmett

AC Members
Nov 21, 2005
caseykell21 said:
so I added a foam filter like thing and now it can't suck him in. Just my two cents.
casey
Thanks everyone, I went to my 12step meeting this morning and when I got back it seems to be opening up again so I guess there,s still hope

JennyAnn

AC Members
Jan 15, 2009
Ah yes. Three years is not so far back and the answer could only be either yes or no. And if the poster of the thread followed the thread that he created I am sure that he would be able to remember that far back. Also how exactly did your comment help this thread?

beeZer350

Likes Expensive Hobbies :(
Jan 19, 2008
Ah yes. Three years is not so far back and the answer could only be either yes or no. And if the poster of the thread followed the thread that he created I am sure that he would be able to remember that far back. Also how exactly did your comment help this thread?
david emmett

Usergroup: AC Member
Last Activity: 11-17-2006 9:02 PM

Uh, I don't think he's checking in anymore...

Anyways...

:welcome:

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Typically bringing up threads that haven't had a new posting in over 6 months is considered bad etiquette on forums.. That is how it helped. I notified you of your bad etiquette so hopefully you won't do it again. Like posted above, if you had simply looked at the information under the OPs name you would have realized that the OP hasn't even logged in for over 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store