How do you remove an anemone from a rock

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stuey223

AC Members
Aug 29, 2005
My bubble tip anemone has decided that he likes to sit right in the middle of my button polyps. The first time i held the rock in front of the powerhead and he let go. The next morning he was right back inthe polyps and he won't let go. I even moved the whole rock to the lowest darkest spot and he did not move. Should I just leave him be?

Gealcath

AC Members
Nov 9, 2003
Visit site
Let it stay there, Anemones will move to where they want to be, and trying to move them where you want them to be can damage or kill them, and they often will go right back to the spot you moved it from.

stuey223

AC Members
Aug 29, 2005
I kind of figured that. My real concern is that the Bubble Tip Anemone will harm the Button polyps.

Mahlhavoc

AC Members
Nov 1, 2005
thats how anemones are, determined to be in the spot you want them in the least. He may like that peticular rock, or the company, either way you will loose. a good way to remove one tho, if you must, is tickle his foot until he releases himself, put zero pressure on him while doing this. I have seen clownfish uproot their anemone this way, brushing against its foot if they dont like where its parked and it's how fish stores do it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store