Will Corys eat snails?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hcgirl80

i is a gud righter lyke leela.
Jun 3, 2004
USA
www.freewebs.com
I am preparing to get a ramshorn snail from my mom's friend who has lots, maybe hundreds(literally!) of snails in her 20 gallon tank and her fish can't eat them as the fish are too small. So I have read the article and it said that guppies will eat snails. I have three male fancy guppies and they live simply for food, so I'd bet they would eat some of the small snails and keep the population down. I have lots of algae and I know snails will be a HUGE help. But what about my two Aneus Corys? They are about 1" long would they eat small snails too? If the population in my tank vanishes, we will have a snail tank to get more snails out of.
So will my corys eat them? Or not?

Thanks!
;)
~hc

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
They won't eat them as long as the shells are intact. My cories never bother with them but occasionally I crush some snails and they go crazy for them. If you start to get overpopulated and are willing a crushed snail is a good snack.

VTwinFanatic

Endlers
Mar 17, 2005
North Carolina
What about cories eating ghost shrimp and any other kinds of shrimp?.....I dont mean to be stealing your thread, but i have a 30 heavily planted w/ lots of shrimp (Ghost, Amano, Cherry) and love cories....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store