fish stopped eating live blood worms now i got a carpet of worms!!!! help!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dabxchef

ODD LOVER OF ODDITIES
Dec 11, 2005
BRONX N.Y.
:huh: :duh: In the dark shadow of frustration (after many failed attempts to keep live blood worms for feeding)I dumped a whole portion in the tank thinking i can leave them in to live until they eat them !all. :rant2: :rant2: :rant2: So my fish eat about 75% of it then stopped! :thud: they seem to have no interest in them! So I'm stuck with a carpet of worms!!! It looked interesting at first now it's just nasty!!! Will they grow into mosquito's?!? hopefully I can get rid of them before that happens!!!! Please advise!!! THANX!!!

moesha

AC Members
Oct 12, 2005
i highly doubt they will turn into mosquitoes but if they do you may want to save a few of them to sell to a research group bc they usually turn into midges. you really need to just get a gravel vac and siphon them out if u can.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Most likely they'll die and jump your nitrates up to alarming levels..I agree with moesha...Vac Vac Vac!

anonapersona

Reads a lot, knows a little
Mar 7, 2003
Houston
Visit site
Clean it out before they rot.

Kissofthegorami

Broke College Student
Feb 24, 2005
Boston,MA
Midges not mosquitos. Do you have cories? They usually love to scoop them off the bottom. They LOVE worms. Other fish may lose interest with food thats on the bottom. You could try not feeding the fish for a couple days, then stir up the worms so they float. Hungry fish... free floating worms... mmm dinner.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store