The Private Life of Teaspoons

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
Excellent information!!!!

I have done a couple of home studies related to this. Teaspoons seem to hate teenagers specifically. During the time when my children were teenagers the rate of dissapearance was multiplied exponentially. now that they are gone, the teaspoons seem far more content to remain although we do seem to have an occasional maverick that dissapears.

On a side note, if you drop a teaspoon in the garbage disposal, and run it long enough to Rough up the edges it seems to remove any desire that the teaspoon had of leaving. rough edged teaspoons will stay home for decades while all of the undamaged teaspoons continue to migrate (at whatever pace).
Dave

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
There is also this phenomena that when you have determined that you need to buy new ones...the old ones start showing up again. And then some of the new ones mirgate off..so you can't set a table with a matched set of silverware. I indeed donated an old set to work and removed all from the home..so I thought..to see them slowly come back out of the woodwork.

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
Teaspoons, BAH!

Forks! I wanna know what the connection is between forks and spirits.

Six years ago, when we moved to VA from MI, I put all of our dishes and cutlery in the SUV. When we got to VA and unpacked, I put ALL of them away.

The next day, when we woke up, 6 of the 8 forks were missing. I am not kidding. Vanished. A couple of days later I bought a new set of silverware, a few days later we had four forks left.

Not my husband, he wouldn't just take forks and not put them in the sink after, and my youngest was only 5 at the time, so no teenagers. This has continued and I cannot keep more than four forks in the house. Nowadays it's entirely possible that the kids lose the forks, but for the first two years we were in the house, no way!

What we did learn was that there was an old couple that owned this house and had it built for them to live in. He died six months prior to us moving in and his wife, who was moving into a nursing home, put it on the market.

We think he's still in the house. I often hear strange noises in the bathroom upstairs, where he died, and things get moved around. It doesn't really bother us to much, he's more than welcome to be here, but we really just want him to LEAVE THE FORKS ALONE!

True story!
Roan

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
another strange thing....hubby inherited some silverware from his grandparents...teaspoons. Nothing else in the set..just teaspoons.

Bitsy

Intelligent,Conservative,Beautiful
Dec 3, 2005
Jenison, MI
www.myspace.com
I don't have a problem with spoons, but I sure do have a SOCK MONSTER! I cannot figure out why every time I do laundry I put in an even amount of socks and every time I try to match them to put away there is an odd number!!! Evil sock monster strikes again!!! :p:

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
daveedka said:
On a side note, if you drop a teaspoon in the garbage disposal, and run it long enough to Rough up the edges it seems to remove any desire that the teaspoon had of leaving. rough edged teaspoons will stay home for decades while all of the undamaged teaspoons continue to migrate (at whatever pace).
Dave
I'm thinking Dave, that the injuries resulting from the turn or two around the disposal, may indeed hinder the migration of said utensils. However, should you intervene by buffing the edges just a bit....you may find that the migration rate of said spoons will, in fact, improve dramatically.

However....it is severely frowned upon in cutlery circles to interfere in anyway in the lifestyles and habitations of migratory spoons. So you may find yourself in trouble with the spoon nazis should you attempt any intervention whatsoever....no matter how sincere and benevelant the intentions.

You have been warned !

kill_a_watt

didnt u know?
Dec 24, 2005
New Zealand
haha..!! omg this is so funny haha this is some weird stuff! :Angel:

Galaxie

AC Members
Feb 4, 2005
VA
Roan Art said:
What we did learn was that there was an old couple that owned this house and had it built for them to live in. He died six months prior to us moving in and his wife, who was moving into a nursing home, put it on the market.

We think he's still in the house. I often hear strange noises in the bathroom upstairs, where he died, and things get moved around. It doesn't really bother us to much, he's more than welcome to be here, but we really just want him to LEAVE THE FORKS ALONE!

True story!
Roan
Keep the ghosts on your end of town plz, thx.

Here's a sad, but true story. When I lived in Reston, my spoons started disappearing. My sole roomate used them, but claimed to return them to the sink when finished. A few months later, I deduced that my roomate was shooting heroin and using my spoons for his mini-lab. So I kicked him out and found my spoons in a hole he had cut in the closet wall.

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
So the moral of the story is don't kick out your roommate because you think he's a junkie when he's really just a clepto???

Or was he purposefully kidnapping the spoons to interupt their normal migration patterns?

dave

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store