Halfmoon Damsel ?? (Picture)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
I tried posting this in the marine newbie forum...no bites....so thought I would come here and ask....

I saw some of these fish in a local lfs.....I was instantly intriqued ! They were in with some other types of fish that I'm not familiar with so I wasn't sure which one these were...but I'm thinking the "halfmoon damsel"....it does resemble a damsel I think, but is much bigger than the usual fish store damsel. These were about 3 inches across I think...maybe a bit larger...

Lovely Lovely fish I think !! Does anyone have any ? I've tried googling them but can't seem to find any info on them. If I can get their proper scientific name I might have better luck.

Blinky

Gone
Jun 22, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
Those look to me like Dascyllus albisella, the Hawaiian dascyllus. Check out this page on wetwebmedia for more info. Apparantly they're on par with dominos when it comes to behaviour, so I'd choose tankmates carefully or maybe even keep them in a species tank. If that's not it, you may find the fish you're looking for on their site; there's about ten pages on damsels with lots of photos.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store