Desperately looking for an affordable (free?) 10 gal. (or less) tank for a newbie!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TiffyLynn

Registered Member
Nov 30, 2005
Hey kiddos,
First time forum poster here, but I've been hanging out in the chat room a bit the past month or so. I was told that this would be a good place to advertise for an aquarium/tank. I'm in Oregon and on a REALLY tight budget, but I think I need something besides the bowl I'm using now. I keep the fish here at work, on a little bookcase, and it's the two goldfish in the bowl. They're about the size of my thumb. I don't have anything besides the fish, the bowl (5 gallon, I think??), a couple statue things for decoration inside the bowl, and a ziplock bag's amount of rocks. Is there anyone out there who could help me out? I'd be willing to pay for S&H if that would help. Email me at tiffanywood31@yahoo.com and hopefully we can work something out. Thanks soooo much!!!

Tiffany

camcorder

AC Members
Mar 25, 2005
your gonna need to get atleast a 20 gallon tank if they are fancy goldfish and if they are comets you gonna need to get atleast a 40 gallon tank

kill_a_watt

didnt u know?
Dec 24, 2005
New Zealand
teeny? they get huge!! man lol :read: :devil:

camcorder

AC Members
Mar 25, 2005
comets get massive 12 to 18 inches, poor fish are some of the most mistreated fish, people just buy them and dont do any research, shove them in some tiny unfiltered bowl and they die in under a year, thats why most people dont ever see them at there full grown beauty, also on a side note they can live 20+ years

TiffyLynn

Registered Member
Nov 30, 2005
Wow! I had no idea they could get that big. I've seen big fish that looked like goldfish but I always thought, "That must be a different species, maybe from the goldfish family, but it's too big to be a goldfish." Well, I'm learning now! :-D My only problem is that I've got very limited space here at my office and whatever I get for my fish has to be able to fit on a small bookcase. Would a ten gallon-er be all that bad...really? I could get by with that for awhile, couldn't I?

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
Don't know if you found one ou not, but around here Petsmart is running their tank set-ups 30% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store