Computer Help, Internet not working

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Xielos

how I mine for fish?
Sep 13, 2005
When I tried to log on to my computer a few minutes ago, I can't seem to connect with any of my messengers or open any web pages. I thought the culprit was some new firewall my dad had just downloaded. He's always downloading some new crappy type of anti-virus crap and I always have to end up deleteing them anyways because its all just spyware. Anyways, after uninstalling the thing and 2 other components of it (Firewall, Spam blocker, Anti-Virus), I STILL can't get online. I check my cables, all hooked up. I reboot my cable modem, still zip.

Now I know the internet isn't out becuase this computer (in the other room) is hooked up to the same modem by a wireless bridge. I check the cables again, and the part where the ethernet cable hooks up, the one with normaly blinky lights, the lights are both out. Is the card burnt out? Am I doing something wrong? Is there way to fix it? How much are they to replace?

Any help is appreciated, I don't know much about computers

Oh yeah, the computer is just a stock Dell, Pentium 3, Windows XP home, 40 gig hard drive, and 512 RAM (the only part of the hardware that I have upgraded)

Clurin

Melf
Sep 14, 2005
Maynard, MA
If it was ZoneAlarm that he downloaded, deleting/disabling it will shutdown your internet connection.. highly annoying.

Teelie

AC Members
Dec 19, 2005
Clurin said:
If it was ZoneAlarm that he downloaded, deleting/disabling it will shutdown your internet connection.. highly annoying.
I've never had that problem with Zone Alarm. I have it installed but don't run it too often with the other firewall I have being adequate. I've uninstalled it before without problems as well.

At least the connection works now, what was the problem?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store