No more free powerheads in IO buckets

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
What a bummer! I use Instant Ocean salt and like it very much. And, the fact that each bucket came with a free MiniJet 404 powerhead, made it even better.

Well, I went and bought a new bucket of IO today and....no free powerhead :( Instead, I got two crappy looking plastic plants that are supposed to look like Caulerpa prolifera and Sargassum platycarpum. Very disappointing - I want more free powerheads!

Sorry, just had to vent.

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
Oh, and I forgot to mention that the "FREE aquarium plants" sticker on the bucket looks almost identical to the old "FREE mixing pump" sticker...very tricky. At first glance you might think you're getting a free powerhead just like you always did. So, if you're out buying salt...look closely at that sticker. You may get lucky and find an older bucket with a powerhead in it.

It does blow - I set up quite a few small tanks with those free powerheads :(

Okay, this time I'm really done venting...I promise.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
free aquarium plants? :confused: like plastic ones?

what good would those be to someone who just bought aquarium salt? Its not the 80s anymore, you dont use plastic plants in your SW tanks!!! :D

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
Originally posted by slipknottin
free aquarium plants? :confused: like plastic ones?

what good would those be to someone who just bought aquarium salt? Its not the 80s anymore, you dont use plastic plants in your SW tanks!!! :D
I wish I still had my digital camera so I could post a picture of these lame things! (sent camera in for repairs)

Check out: http://www.aquariumsystems.com/decor.htm#Saltwater
That's what you get now...two plastic plants :(

Neither of these will ever touch water...unless it's in someone else's tank or in the garbage. Can't imagine people actually put these in SW tanks :confused: That'd be like cramming your tank with bleached coral - again, like in the 80's!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store