Angel pair question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

04cobratorchred

AC Members
Mar 8, 2005
I went to my LFS just to look around i didn't want to buy anything but when i walked by the angel's they had two pretty big ones in there for 9.99 which was really cheap for as good as they looked and i got 25% off that b/c i am part of the fish club. So anyway i watched them for a min. and it looked like they might be a pair so i bought them. This was my first time trying to spawn angels. Well i got them home and all was good then when i turned the light off they would lock lips and do circles together it was really cool. And then i saw them cleaning off a leaf on my sword plant so i was really thinking it as a pair. But then today it seems like what i believe is the female keeps chasing way the male. I watched really close and never saw any eggs and the one angel still looks very fat. So I was just wondering if anyone knows what could be going on. They are in a 40-gallon tank all by themselves thanks a lot for any help.

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Well....I don't know about angels, but I can say that my blue ram pairs carry on a love hate relationship all the time...depending on what stage of thier spawning cycle they are on...it could be just part of the "game"..testing each other out to be sure they're up to it.

I would make sure to have some plants or something in the tank with them that one can hide out if need be and just keep an eye on them. They may just be adjusting to the new surroundings and working out who's on the top rung of the ladder.

gabrielandco.

Look into my eyes...
Oct 31, 2005
are these recent purchases? i would give them some time to settle in. lip locking is definite "foreplay." on that note, i don't know if same sex pairs also display that behavior. some angels will still lay eggs without a male to fertilize, or so i understand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store